I got a housecleaning tip from a friend of mine. She has a teenage son and whenever she wants to really make sure his bathroom gets clean, she takes off the toilet seat (you only need a screwdriver to do it!) and cleans the whole thing, seat and underneath. Well, I tried it the other night and I felt like I had just cleaned out the wax in my ears. All that gunk gone and clean. I hope it doesn't gross you out to know that I put the toilet seat in the dishwasher to get it super clean.Any suggestions on camoflouging computers?
6 comments:
Sarah,
Martha's organizing book (I think that it is called Good Things for Organizing) has a little wire crate screwed onto the bottom of the computer desk and all the cords wound into neat little bunches with wire rimmed tags labeling them. It looks great and tames the cord mess. Good Luck,
Carrie
I'm glad to know my husband isn't the only one who removes the toilet seat when he cleans. He is in charge of the toilets here and he does a better job then I ever would!
As far as the "computer mess" goes... I have seen that Martha article and it is awesome. I bet you could find it on her website. I also think having the hard drive on the floor would help, but if Finn is curious, that might not be the best idea.
If you're into tablecloths, maybe a cute vintage tablecloth would disguise some wires as well, and hide the table.
Danyelle, seriously, you're husband does dishes and toilets? Do you ever loan him out? If so, send hin over here.
oops send "him" over here. I don't want "hin". I don't even know what "hin" is.
If you have enough fabric and don't mind sticking something semi-permanent to the table, I would suggest maybe a skirt to make the table more fun and hide the cords. Doesn't do much for the fact there are computers on a table (desks don't necessarily make them look prettier!) but it might help with the open feeling underneath. I did something similar with a vanity table I built...with vintage pink satin bought on eBay, I made a skirt using sticky velcro around the edge of the table (under the lip) and then sewed the other side of the velcro on the back of my pleated skirt. Looks GREAT and was really easy. Easy for packing too, the skirt just pulls off for easy folding and boxing. Good Luck!
put an old vintage tablecloth over them when you're not using them.
Post a Comment