I've been making Ashley's Chicken Pot Pie alot lately. (I've taken it to a couple families who have just had babies. It's kind of a catch-all dish: vegetables, meat, comfort food all in one).
- Clean all the glass surfaces in this house (including mirrors, especially including the mirrors in my bedroom and the oven)
- Organize my part of the basement, which means get rid of old picture frames
- Get all the toys out of my craft room
- Set up crib in the office and make that Miles new sleeping quarters
- Put away Christmas boxes in basement
- Keep the computer desk clean (it is the dumping ground for stuff)
- Go through Finn's school paperwork
- Put display in living room glass cabinet
- Start working on some crafty project
- Clean off the clutter on my dresser
- Stow Travis' guitar amp in the closet
- Laundry, laundry, laundry
(There's lots more, but those are the main ones I can think of right now)
So, back to Skype. My Dad sent us a computer camera recently and we've been in camera commotion ever since. This morning Finn sung to Ruby (in Washington) while she finished off her breakfast. And, last night, apparently, Ivy and Finn got into a conversation, which I was not a part of because I was upstairs giving Lucy a bath.
Seeing yourself in camera view takes lots of mental "I'm okay" talking though. You see yourself in this grainy, distorted angle and you feel the need to do some serious primping (at least I do). In a Skype video conversation with my Mom and Erin this morning, we talked alot about hair. The computer camera will do that to you.
Family picture time...can you guess what's wrong with this picture? (No, it's not the smirky looks on our kids' faces).
Grandma Racecar and the grandkids. We've been having alot of fun together this weekend.
- This cute cardboard tote that came full of brownies from this clever gal.
- Cutting into an avocado for lunch that was at the perfect ripeness.
- Finding a nice-fitting workout top from none other than Wal-Mart.
- Halfway done with yesterday's laundry: now I just have to fold the mountain of clean clothes.
- Two kids napping simultaneously right now.
- Aldi's Moser-Roth premium dark chocolate.
- Falafels for dinner tonight.
- A hot shower awaiting me right now.
What's making you happy today?
As I'm typing this, I'm polishing off the cupcake I saved and man, is it good. I got the idea for them here and this gal did a phenomenal job making her signature chocolate cupcake with buttercream frosting.
this talented gal).
But I know who Miles number one love will always be.
Here's the little space monkey in his new favorite spot.
The baby boy shower last week turned out well. Several of the guests brought even more delicious food, so we ate. And ate. And ate. (At least I did).
The spinach dip recipe came from the back of the Knorr vegetable soup packet. Easy peasy.
For the record, I'm usually opposed to adding this much food coloring to anything (the purist in me), but I wanted everything to go together.
I saw some guests with blue-tinted teeth after eating those cupcakes!
Date Night Apple Pie
Saturday night Travis took me out to The Flying Fig for our quarterly (or maybe even, sadly, semi-annual date). Heaven on a plate (or several plates in this case). I took this picture for my Mom who requested a photo of me in my red lipstick.
Then I made Travis his all-time favorite dessert: apple pie.
His Mom makes the best apple pie, but because I am a cake lover at heart, I can only attempt to make her recipe. He likes the crust nice and thick and the apples cooked really well, so I 1.5'ed the recipe for the crust and used 5 apples for the filling. (I used Granny Smith's and according to him, she uses Golden Delicious).