It's 7:59 AM, Saturday morning, and I'm sitting here, holding myself back from going out and yardsaling. I know there's tons of them today, even some just down the street, but NOPE, I say to myself: #1, you're moving and #2, yesterday you went yardsaling and came home with a train set that according to Travis, was worthless. (It does turn out that we were able to put the train set together and get it in working order. I'm so embarrassed about the purchase that I don't want to comment further). But, alas, my mind starts churning and I start thinking of all the great stuff I could be buying right now. Maybe the things I would buy would change my life and make me happier. And the thoughts escalate into visions of having a perfectly organized home, with lots of cool stuff on display. Then, reality hits and I see myself dragging bags of stuff home for Travis to say, "You wasted our money." So, no, I am holding myself back. I will not go yardsaling today. Boohoo!5.12.2007
Holding My Horses
It's 7:59 AM, Saturday morning, and I'm sitting here, holding myself back from going out and yardsaling. I know there's tons of them today, even some just down the street, but NOPE, I say to myself: #1, you're moving and #2, yesterday you went yardsaling and came home with a train set that according to Travis, was worthless. (It does turn out that we were able to put the train set together and get it in working order. I'm so embarrassed about the purchase that I don't want to comment further). But, alas, my mind starts churning and I start thinking of all the great stuff I could be buying right now. Maybe the things I would buy would change my life and make me happier. And the thoughts escalate into visions of having a perfectly organized home, with lots of cool stuff on display. Then, reality hits and I see myself dragging bags of stuff home for Travis to say, "You wasted our money." So, no, I am holding myself back. I will not go yardsaling today. Boohoo!
It's 7:59 AM, Saturday morning, and I'm sitting here, holding myself back from going out and yardsaling. I know there's tons of them today, even some just down the street, but NOPE, I say to myself: #1, you're moving and #2, yesterday you went yardsaling and came home with a train set that according to Travis, was worthless. (It does turn out that we were able to put the train set together and get it in working order. I'm so embarrassed about the purchase that I don't want to comment further). But, alas, my mind starts churning and I start thinking of all the great stuff I could be buying right now. Maybe the things I would buy would change my life and make me happier. And the thoughts escalate into visions of having a perfectly organized home, with lots of cool stuff on display. Then, reality hits and I see myself dragging bags of stuff home for Travis to say, "You wasted our money." So, no, I am holding myself back. I will not go yardsaling today. Boohoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hear ya Sarah. With a move close at hand for me as well, there is no merchandise worthy enough of an extra box to pack. I'm here for you. Besides, Ryan still isn't back from his run and it's been three hours now. If he's not home within thirty minutes, I'm tempted to go out searching.
I hate when you come home with "junk" when you originally thought it was the best find. It's a huge letdown.
Post a Comment