So I'm trying to find some affordable, sleek dining room chairs that won't break the bank. I found this one at Anthropologie (not in my budget, but I still liked it). Mr. Tarantula is convinced we don't need new ones, but I don't think the hodge podge of thrift store chairs scattered around the house count as dining chairs. Whenever we have guests over, we have to scoot the computer chairs and piano bench around the dining table. ENOUGH! It's time for a change, I say.What color would you paint the room (keep in mind the floors are wood)?
7 comments:
I'm loving blue at the moment. It's restful and calming. A perfect master bedroom color.
Sarah, Whitney passed along your blog address and I've been reading for some time...sorry for not commenting before but I'm a classic blog lurker (I hate that word but what else works here?!). My thought for color is green for the bedroom. I'm a Behr website freak (love to play around in free time) and here are a few of my favorite greens (and blues!): april mist (pale bluish green), feldspar (pale green), peridot (same family as feldspar but more saturated) and adriatic mist (my favorite blue). Is that too much information? Oh well, I do a love a good paint color. Good luck!
Jenny J.
Love the chair. I found great dining chairs on craigslist for a steal. I just had to refinish them and reupholster them, but well worth it. I bet you will discover great craigslist finds in your new town. My vote is for green. I love silver sage from restoration hardware (it's the color the store is painted).
Pretty much anything but the salmon would be more inviting. But I like the idea of a tranquil blue.
I agree with Heather! Anything would be better than that lovely shade of orange! In a master bedroom, really, orange?
Karen introduced me to one of my favorite shades of yellow. It's called "Rye" by Behr. It looks great with hard wood floors.
Oooh, I love questions like this. But unfortunately, I can't help much. I do like the recommendations of blue or green, but if you are wanting more neutral, I picked a beige color from Restoration Hardware (can't remember the name) and I love it. They have great colors.
You guys all gave great advice... I love questions like this too, so maybe that's why I like to post them. Isn't paint fun?
Post a Comment