11.27.2012

First Attempt at Kitchen Valances: Not So Hot


I wanted to soften the look and dampen the sound in the kitchen, so I made these valances.  Honestly, I'm still not sure if I love them, so I wanted to post them and see what you blog-readers had to say.
The pictures don't show it very well, but the walls are grey and the valances are a beige linen.  They don't look very contrast-y in the photos, but they are more-so in real life.

This one isn't a great picture (above) but it gives you the idea.

 What do you think?  Thumbs up, down, sideways?

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I would say thumbs sideways :) So great to see you.

Anonymous said...

thumbs down. go for some color or a fun pattern. i think they also need to be tailored better, they look a little sloppy. :/ cute family pic up top! suzy