10.08.2012

Finn's Summer Fort


Finn is always building something, whether it's out of Legos or wood or paper.  At the beginning of the Summer, he started building a little house for himself.

He worked on it for hours and hours, tweaking it everyday, changing things, adding collections.

By the end of the Summer, he had created a little mosoleum on our back patio, full of wires, nails, wood, rocks, you name it: a Summer's-worth of time and heart from a 6-turned-7-year-old boy.

It was also driving me nuts.  It completely took over the area right next to the back door, and it was beginning to look like shanty-town.  I told myself that he could have it until school started, then we would disassemble the thing.

A week before school started, I knew it was time.  He was not happy about it.  He pouted and made silly faces when I took his last pictures with it.

Then I mentioned payment for helping destroy it and he was in.  He and Lucy helped me take it down, piece by piece, and this compact work of art filled the entire bed of our pick-up!  It cost $11 to get rid of it, plus a long drive to the dump, but I guess that's a small price to pay for hours and hours of enjoyment experienced by a budding carpenter.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

blindblogger said...

Sarah That's so cute. Way to go to you and Travis for all of the hard work you are putting into your place!