7.18.2012

What a Difference a [Frame] Makes

 

I've known for a long time that I wanted to frame the large print I had made of my Dad's cousins.  I just didn't want to spend alot and large frames are pricey.  So, I took the thrifty route and found some crown molding at ReStore in Boise, then attached it to some trim I had with a brad gun.  I stained it dark brown, sprayed clear lacquer on it and put it up with the brad gun.  I like how it completes the picture (and that the peeling edges, thanks to my kids, are now permanently out of harms way).  I want to find or make a table to go underneath the picture, to anchor it.  Something narrow and long.

The total cost for the frame was $18, the cost of the crown molding, which is alot less than the cost of a new large custom frame.  And, trust me, brad guns aren't that scary to use!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: