6.29.2012

Planter Boxes


Our lackluster garage needed some sprucing up, in my opinion.  It's one of the first things you see if you're pulling up from the North side of the street and I thought if I have to look at this everyday, there's no shame in making it look attractive.

Again, with Travis helping me along, I made these wooden planter boxes out of wood we had in our garage.  I only needed to buy some wood to finish the top edges and some of the bottom edges.  With some holes in the bottom for drainage, one coat of primer, two coats of paint, and some plastic stapled inside for a lining, they were ready to set out.
 
I bought some $4 arborvidae in Bend last weekend and will plant some more "spillers and fillers" when I get the funds next month.  (I watch HGTV every morning at 5:30 while running on the treadmill at the gym.  There's mostly landscaping shows on at that time and one of the landscapers said the key to great planters is having three things: thrillers, fillers and spillers).  I also plan to add some mulch when I'm done planting.

What do you think?  I think it makes the garage look a little more pulled-together and friendly.  I hope I don't get tired of pulling the hose all the way over there to water them!

2 comments:

blindblogger said...

It looks great! Way to go.

Erin said...

Very pretty!
Maybe the kids will water for you with a watering pail. (Would that be disastrous?)